These ice cream cone Christmas trees look so cool but are super simple to do and kids love making them (and they love eating them even more!).
How to make Ice Cream Cone Christmas Trees
What You’ll Need
- 125g soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Green food colouring
- 8-10 pointy ice cream cones
- Lollies for decorating – we used M&Ms, Smarties and mini marshmallows
First, you need to make your green icing. I used the vienna cream recipe from the good old Women’s Weekly Birthday Cake book (I’m sure you know the one)!
Vienna Cream Recipe
- Place butter in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until butter is as white as possible.
- Gradually add about half the icing sugar, beating constantly.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the milk and a few drops of green food colouring, continuing to mix.
- Gradually beat in the rest of the icing sugar.
- Add more milk if needed and more food colouring to get the desired colour, beating until mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
Decorating your Ice Cream Cone Christmas Trees
Place an ice cream cone on a plate and cover with icing. Decorate!!!
This recipe is among Twinkl’s favourites and has been hand-picked to be part of the campaign ‘Make Christmas Your Own‘. Head over to their Christmas activities for kids page to see hundreds of exciting resources & activities to try at home and in school.
We’ve got plenty of other fun seasonal activities on our blog too, like how to make a paper plate Christmas tree. These look super cute on the wall or Christmas tree – you could even give them as a gift from the kids to grandparents!