This 2 ingredient, taste-safe sensory foam is easy to make and oh so much fun! It is made using the liquid from a can of chickpeas (known by foodies as aquafaba). Yes, really!
Sensory activities challenge our toddlers and young children. By providing sensory play experiences, you can help develop your child’s understanding of the senses of touch, taste, smell and sound. And this fun sensory foam material will have them enthralled for hours!
What you’ll need:
- Liquid from one can of chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Food colouring (optional)
- Electric mixer
How to Make Taste-Safe Sensory Foam
- Add the chickpea liquid and cream of tarter to a mixing bowl.
- Beat on high with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form (approximately 4-5 minutes).
- Add a few drops of food colouring (if using) and gently stir.
If you want to make more than one colour, double the recipe and separate into bowls before adding the different colours.
Sensory play is not just play, it’s also educational! Some of the benefits of playing with this sensory foam are:
- language development
- observational skills
- fine motor skills
- calming skills